Monday, January 14, 2013

First Hostel Experience- Waitomo Travel Weekend


Friday night marked my very first stay in a hostel. We were lucky enough to have enough girls to fill one room and have it to ourselves. It was actually pretty nice. Our room was colorful and had a window so we weren’t too hot throughout the night (the boys weren’t so lucky). We also had swipe cards to get in and out of our rooms, making it feel much more secure than I anticipated.

Something I didn’t expect were the co-ed bathrooms. Walking in to find girls aloe-ing each other’s sunburned butts one minute and coming back to a forty year-old man shaving his mustache the next just made the whole experience that much more interesting. You see all sorts of people when you stay in hostels.

The next morning we found a really cute cafĂ© called Momento in the middle of the small town right near a statue of a women breastfeeding (I saw all sorts of things this weekend). We decided we weren’t going to skimp completely on good food, and I would up having one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had. It was a modern version of a traditional “Bubble and Squeak”. If I could have it everyday for the rest of my time here, I would probably do it.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. i really appreciate it that you shared with us such a informative post..

    ReplyDelete