Monday, January 14, 2013

Hertzie! - Waitomo Travel Weekend



This is going to be the first of many posts about this past weekend. I figured I would split them up by places we went and things we did, since I tend to write a lot and it would be easier for people to read this way.

I figured I would start by introducing our transportation for the weekend: a twelve seater Hertz fan that I lovingly referred to as “Hertzie”. I’m not sure how we managed to get a hold of this diesel burning, manual transmission (much rarer than you’d think) beauty. However he not only got us everywhere safely, but in exceptional rental car style. We were a moving billboard.

I wanted to also give a shoutout to Mark, who did all of our (~20 hours of) driving this weekend. The only time we went the wrong way on a road was through a Burger King drive-through, which earned us a nice slow-clap from one of the kitchen guys when we came inside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment